An engaging and diverse discussion on the importance of patents for early-stage ventures and raising capital, presented by Startups Ignite, the MIT Enterprise Forum of DC and Baltimore, Patent Portfolio Builders and Nova Labs.
Join us on November 16th for a night of cheering new ventures pitching, listening to a panel discuss the hot topic of the relevance of IP protection in early stage startups and getting venture capital, visit exhibiting booths – see some demos, and mix and mingle at the social & get to know the startup ecosystem here in the Capital Region.
- Recoverable Biometrics – adds a software or hardware layer between the biometric data and the reader device. This layer creates a recoverable biometric identity.
- MathJab – helps you stay on top of your game for advanced mathematics.
- herDomain – provides low to middle income women opportunities to advance through coding bootcamps and professional development training.
Meet Our Experts
Kirsten Johnson – Attorney at Bookoff McAndrews, PLLC
Ms. Johnson helps clients with Patent prosecution and client counseling, including portfolio strategy and management of U.S., international (PCT), and foreign patent applications, due diligence, and freedom-to-operate analysis
Edgar Harrell – Managing Partner, Harrell Capital Partners, LLC. Mr. Harrell is Managing Partner, Harrell Capital Partners, LLC, a family owned early stage equity investor in seed and early IT and biotech companies. Harrell Capital Partners LLC has invested in 13 early stage software companies, and he personally has invested in 11 companies.
Lokesh Kumar – CoFounder and VP of Tech, Urgent.ly. Lokesh Kumar is serving as Cofounder & VP of Tech at Urgent.ly. Prior to this he has served as Director, Software Development at Director of Software Development at Videology Group from March 2013 till March 2014.
Steve Dubois – Managing Partner, Patent Portfolio Builders. Steve has over 25 years of experience working with patents and technology, including every aspect of the patent lifecycle from idea harvesting. Steve provides counseling and advice to a number of different companies from startups to Fortune 100s.
• 6:00 pm – Networking / Registration
• 6:30 pm – Community updates and appreciation
• 6:40 pm – Panel Discussion
• 7:20 pm – Founder’s recent journey
• 7:30 pm – Startup Pitches
• 8:10 pm – Startup Social