Your MIT Enterprise Forum Washington DC & Baltimore chapter is hosting a series of events we are calling “Back 2 Biz.” Our goal is to support entrepreneurs using technology in the DC region by providing online events.
Upcoming events: the future of energy, air mobility technologies, and CEO pitch and business challenge.
Have an idea about getting “Back 2 Biz?” Contact us and let us know.
Our Recent Events
- Funding Opportunities for Innovative Autism StartupsInvestments in research, products and services remain fragmented and often redundant. But serious investors are jump-starting early stage ideas that help people with autism live great lives. They’re aggressively investing in life science breakthroughs and therapeutics, digital health and innovative service companies. Concentrating capital, expertise, and community to accelerate advances in autism.
- SBIR Success StrategiesOctober 29th’s panel on Back 2 Biz will focus on success factors for the SBIR program from the corporate, SBIR program manager, and venture perspectives. Here’s an opportunity to hear from and interact with a diverse panel of experts who know SBIR success. We’ll sit down with entrepreneurs, a federal VC and SBIR program managers for a session moderated by Jen Sovada, Chief Futures Officer and SVP/GM, MissionTech Solutions, where we will explore the current state of SBIR funding, how companies can successfully navigate the SBIR process, what federal VCs and program managers look for in companies that apply, and how they measure SBIR program and innovation success.
- Cutting Edge: Health TechMITEF Washington DC & Baltimore introduces our first “Cutting Edge” podcast. Board member Larry Trotter II speaks with Health Tech expert Scott Kozicki. Scott is an accomplished entrepreneur who spends his time advising CEOs and improving the health of millions. Larry and Scott discuss the dichotomy of increasing health care costs and decreasing medical quality. Scott explores how technology could improve outcomes and presents his innovate ideas.
- Outdoor Fun: SAE Golf TournamentLet’s get outdoors for a fun and safe charity golf tournament. MITEF DC is partnering with SAE to raise funds to support SAE’s mission – to enhance tech and mobility solutions that benefit humanity. The SAE DC Section also promotes local student technical development with donations and support of STEM, engineering, and technical learning.
- Investor Perspectives Virtual RoundtableJust how much has the current state of affairs changed the way investors think about new investments and their current portfolios? How has the fundraising landscape changed in the past 6 months? Here’s an opportunity to hear from and interact with a diverse panel of investors and bankers.
- Future of Golf & Tech InnovationJune 16th’s panel on Back 2 Biz focused on golf & technology — we sat down with three great golf entrepreneurs for a session moderated by MIT Club of DC’s own resident golf expert and board member — to examine how technology plays a key role in improving your game.
- Future of Wine & Technology Virtual EventJune 4th’s panel on Back 2 Biz focused on wine & technology — examining how the wine industry is “ripe” with technical disruption. We explored issues affecting the customer-facing / demand-side of the wine business — including how technology is moving the sales, distribution, accounting, and education of the grape online and into the cloud. We discussed how technology and analytic tools transform massive volumes of environmental sensor data into crop management decisions. And we looked at our changing climatic conditions and how wine entrepreneurs combat known weather conditions and the more recent extreme conditions.
- Quantum Computing in DC: Event SummaryWe thank our knowledgeable speakers, our generous event host Foley & Lardner, our gracious volunteers, and most of all our fabulous attendees for making this a successful event. Our speakers have shared their slide decks. They may be downloaded from the links below. Presentations Michael Brett SVP of Applications at Rigetti Computing PowerPoint Slides (.pptx 14MB) Joseph Broz, Ph.D. Vice President SRI International and Executive Director and Governing Board Chairman, The Quantum Economic Development Consortium Slides(.pdf 0.6MB) Bo EwaldPresident & CEO at ColdQuanta, Inc. PowerPoint Slides(.pptx, 76MB)