Your MIT Enterprise Forum Washington DC & Baltimore chapter is hosting a series of events we are calling “Back 2 Biz.” Our goal is to support entrepreneurs using technology in the DC region by providing online events.
Upcoming events: the future of energy, air mobility technologies, CEO pitch and business challenge, and on September 4, we are working with SAE International as a sponsor of their golf tournament–more on this soon.
Have an idea about getting “Back 2 Biz?” Contact us and let us know.
Our Recent Events
- Investor Perspectives Virtual RoundtableJust how much has the current state of affairs changed the way investors think about new investments and their current portfolios? How has the fundraising landscape changed in the past 6 months? Here’s an opportunity to hear from and interact with a diverse panel of investors and bankers.
- Future of Golf & Tech InnovationJune 16th’s panel on Back 2 Biz focused on golf & technology — we sat down with three great golf entrepreneurs for a session moderated by MIT Club of DC’s own resident golf expert and board member — to examine how technology plays a key role in improving your game.
- Future of Wine & Technology Virtual EventJune 4th’s panel on Back 2 Biz focused on wine & technology — examining how the wine industry is “ripe” with technical disruption. We explored issues affecting the customer-facing / demand-side of the wine business — including how technology is moving the sales, distribution, accounting, and education of the grape online and into the cloud. We discussed how technology and analytic tools transform massive volumes of environmental sensor data into crop management decisions. And we looked at our changing climatic conditions and how wine entrepreneurs combat known weather conditions and the more recent extreme conditions.
- Quantum Computing in DC: Event SummaryWe thank our knowledgeable speakers, our generous event host Foley & Lardner, our gracious volunteers, and most of all our fabulous attendees for making this a successful event. Our speakers have shared their slide decks. They may be downloaded from the links below. Presentations Michael Brett SVP of Applications at Rigetti Computing PowerPoint Slides (.pptx 14MB) Joseph Broz, Ph.D. Vice President SRI International and Executive Director and Governing Board Chairman, The Quantum Economic Development Consortium Slides(.pdf 0.6MB) Bo EwaldPresident & CEO at ColdQuanta, Inc. PowerPoint Slides(.pptx, 76MB)
- Talk To Me Conversational Voice AI: Redefining the Customer ExperienceA new channel has emerged: Conversational Voice AI, which some say will become as integral to our lives as the wheel and electricity. Voice AIs like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant converse with us daily and can even detect our emotions and health conditions from the sound of our voice. Conversational Voice AI creates a powerful Customer Experience (CX), new business opportunities, and public policy challenges.