Entrepreneurs Networking Event
September 8 @ 1:00 pm - 6:15 pm
Join the MITEF Washington DC & Baltimore chapter and enjoy an afternoon learning about the burgeoning local beverage production business. Christopher Parker of The Virginia Wine Academy will lead our tour of a winery and a brewery. We will taste the wares and hear directly from the operators about their business value propositions in the extremely dynamic Northern Virginia market. After the tour you can continue the networking during a fine, three course dinner where the owner of Veritas Vineyards and Winery, Andrew Hodson, will lead a discussion about the Virginia wine business.
Admission to this event includes your membership dues for the 2018/19 season. MITEF membership includes discounted admission to all of our events. This year we are creating a full calendar of events: healthcare, cybersecurity, technology transfer, intellectual property, funding of new businesses, and quantum computing.
Tickets are limited due to the number of seats on the tour bus and the private room at the restaurant, so get your tickets now. Join today and join your fellow entrepreneurs for an afternoon of learning, networking, and fun.
- 1:00pm – Virginia Wine Academy tour bus departs Tysons Corner
- 1:45pm – Arrive Vanish Farmwoods Brewery, Lucketts, VA
- Sample beers at the bar (drinks not included in price)
- Short brewery tour
- Discussion with the owner of Vanish Farmwoods Brewery—the business of brewing
- 2:45pm – Depart Vanish Farmwoods Brewery
- 3:15pm – Arrive Stone Tower Winery, Leesburg, VA
- Tour of winery and cellar
- Guided tasting of wines in the tasting room
- Barrel tasting wines in the cellar
- Discussion with the owner of Stone Tower winery—the business of winemaking
- 5:30pm – Depart Stone Tower Winery
- 6:15pm – Arrive Tysons Corner
- 6:30pm – three course dinner at Chef Geoff’s Tysons with follow up discussion led by an industry insider (drinks not included in price)
Please join us for either the tour, the dinner or both.