- This event has passed.
MITEFDC Mentor Program Series 2018
May 8, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
This is a high profile series open to all area entrepreneurs looking to gain sound and best practice advice from the area’s most qualified mentors. This program is designed to give MITEF members and area entrepreneurs practical, vital information when founding a startup company. Program participants can expect a meaningful and educational engagement complemented by an excellent opportunity to both grow their professional network of fellow and successful entrepreneurs and meet with elite service providers in the Washington, DC area.
Cynthia Traeger is a seasoned founder and entrepreneur. She is CEO of Pacific, a diversified technology & media holding company. Cynthia mentors entrepreneurs globally for the NIH Corporate Ambassadors Program (CAP) and the State Department Global Innovation through Science and Technology (GIST) program. For five years she was the Director of the Washington DC Founder Institute (DCFI). Cynthia will describe in detail “Pitch Decks” and how to create a “fundable pitch deck”. Come learn the key touch points in presenting successfully to investors!
- Learn what content and criteria is necessary for a “fundable” pitch deck
- See two examples of decks that got funded
- Hear founder’s insights as to what went right and what went wrong.
- Hear insights from two experts with investment backgrounds
- Participate in round table discussions with speakers
- Network and access to experts
- Collaborate with fellow area entrepreneurs
SPECIAL: Join as a NEW MITEFDC Member by May 6, 2018 and you can attend this event for free.
- 5:30-6:00PM: Networking/Event Registration
- 6:00-7:00PM: Discussion with Cynthia Traeger
- 7:00-7:15PM: Short Break
- 7:15-8:00PM: Interactions and Audience Collaborations
- 8:00-8:30PM: Optional closing discussion and networking
Important: If you are bringing a guest, please register each guest separately.
TICKET SALES END COB MAY 7