An engaging and diverse discussion on the importance of patents for early-stage ventures and raising capital.
On November 16, 2017 at 5:30pm, the MIT Enterprise Forum of DC and Baltimore and Startups-Ignite will present Innovation Defensibility and Venture Capital. This event will be hosted at 1916 Isaac Newton Square W, Reston, VA 20190.
Area patent attorneys and investors will discuss the importance of Patents in early stage ventures. This very interesting and diverse discussion will focus on issues such as:
Patent portfolio strategy (how to prioritize in view of limited resources)
Expedited examination under USPTO Track-1 program (helpful to obtain patents faster, in preparation for investment rounds)
Foreign filing – do you need it? How to decide which countries?
IP ownership issues
Freedom-to-operate (how/when to analyze competitor IP)
Access a network of visionaries paving the future of Tech. Open seats for this event are limited. Secure yours today.
• Nov 16th 6:00 pm – Networking / Registration
• Nov 16th 6:30 pm – Community updates and appreciating
• Nov 16th 6:40 pm – Panel Discussion
• Nov 16th 7:20 pm – Founder’s recent journey
We often learn about the startup that achieved phenomenal growth in the first few years. Most of the articles and talks focus on success factors. Helpful stuff, but this program goes deeper by exploring lessons learned in scaling operations. Not only what went right, but what went wrong. Which risks were recognized, and which ones weren’t? How were the problems addressed?
- By attending this program, you’ll have a rare opportunity to learn about three successful start-ups companies, explore their technology, and meet the CEO’s who are leading them to market.
- Entrepreneurs will gain important insights straight from CEO’s who can look back and share their experiences running high-growth startups.
- Bring your concerns and questions, because we’ll cover everything – from product innovation to technology to finance to development to staffing to customer support.
- No topic about startups is out of bounds. Our speakers and panelists reveal do’s and don’ts you can’t afford to miss.
Continue reading Growing Pains – Lessons Learned in Startup Operations